You can watch our video walkthrough demo on how to set up Xero Expense Data, otherwise, see below for a step-by-step guide.
- Log into your Airwallex account.
- Select the “Connections” tab in the navigation bar on the left.
3. Under the “Accounting Services” section, click the Xero Expense Data connections tile and select “Connect”.
4. If you are not yet logged into Xero, you will be prompted to with your Xero credentials.
5. You will be brought to the Xero authorisation page, select “Allow access”. This allows Airwallex to connect to your Xero account.
6. Choose the organisation within your Xero account you would like to connect to Airwallex. Make sure that the Xero organisation you select is the same for both Xero Expense Data and Xero Bank Feed
7. Once you’ve selected your Xero organisation, you can review and connect the relevant currencies that you expect to incur expenses. If you don’t yet have Xero Bank Feed connected, please connect your currencies.
8. If you have already connected Xero Bank Feed, your existing bank feed currencies will already display as connected.
9. After reviewing and updating your currency connections if needed, you can then review and edit the expense data that you want to import into Airwallex. This includes your chart of accounts (expense accounts and asset accounts), your tracking categories, your tax rates, and your contacts. You can choose to import all or a subset of the data. For contacts, you can choose to opt in to displaying imported contacts for your cardholders to use when submitting expenses.
10. Once you’ve successfully imported your expense data, you can customise which fields you want your employees to submit for their expenses in Expense Settings.
- You will only be able to import your expense accounts and the tax rates that can be applied to those expense accounts.
- Currently do not support import of accounts that are marked with the “Inventory” asset type in Xero.
- At this time we don’t support importing tracking categories with over 1000 category options, and we don’t support importing Xero contacts from accounts with over 10K contacts.
What if I don’t want to use tracking categories or tax rates?
If you do not want to import your tracking categories or tax rates from Xero, you can unselect all values on the import page. If you do so, that field will no longer show up in Settings or on the expense details pages.