Airwallex Expenses can be integrated with Xero (see here), but what if you use Accounting software other than Xero? Are you interested in using our Cards/Expenses solution?
Not to worry, our team is building out integrations to Quickbooks and NetSuite. Join the waitlist here or request any other accounting software.
Without an accounting software connected, you can still use Airwallex Expenses to:
- Give your employees an Airwallex employee card so they’re never out of pocket on a large business expense
- Collect, store and track receipts for each transaction for future audit purposes
- Export all card transactions to manually reconcile in your accounting software
However, you will not be able to categorise expenses as this requires an integration to your Chart of Accounts.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Set up cards for your various employees. Please refer to the following guide for step by step instructions on How to set up your employee with an Airwallex card
- Turn on Expenses in the Expenses tab on the left hand panel of your WebApp.
- Educate your employees on the cards and expenses. Please refer to the following guide on How to submit an expense to guide your employees to submit their receipts and information on their card transactions.
- As card transactions begin to take place, you can export a report from the “Reports” tab in your WebApp titled “Balance Activity Report”
- To generate the Balance Activity Report, you select your date range, choose transaction type and finally, file format (CSV or Excel)
- You can export the report on a weekly or monthly basis (frequency of your choice)
- Once downloaded, you will need to move the transaction details over to a file format dictated by your chosen accounting software and the updated file can be uploaded into your accounting software.
- Once transactions have been uploaded, you can download the attached receipts via the transactions in the Expenses tab and attach them to the appropriate transactions within your accounting software