Xero Invoice Payment allows you to automatically embed an Airwallex checkout in your Xero invoices to collect payments. The checkout page will specify the invoice amount, invoice number and merchant name. Once paid, the funds will automatically reconcile to the invoice in Xero and a payment receipt will be emailed to the payer.
Please note this integration is currently only available to Airwallex accounts with entities based in Australia, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, and Singapore.
Please follow the steps below to setup Xero Invoice Payment
- Log into your Airwallex account.
- Select the “Connections” tab in the navigation bar on the left.
- Under the “Accounting Services” section, click the “Xero Invoice Payment” connections tile, and select “Connect”
Note that you need to enable your online payments capabilities before connecting. If this is your first time collecting payments via Airwallex, a banner will appear prompting you to submit your application prior to setting up this integration (see below).
Airwallex will review your application within 5-7 days. Once your application is approved, you can come back to the Xero Invoice Payment connections page to complete the connection.
- If you are not yet logged into Xero, you will be prompted to log in with your Xero credentials.
- Choose the organisation within your Xero account you would like to connect to Airwallex Note: the organisation you select must be the same as the one you’ve used to connect your Xero bank feed in Airwallex.
- You will now be prompted to set Airwallex as the default payment service for your chosen branding themes. Branding themes (i.e. invoice templates) are native to your Xero account. When selecting Airwallex as a default payment service for a branding theme, all invoices created with that branding theme will automatically include an Airwallex checkout page. You can edit your branding theme preferences in your Xero settings later.
- Once selected, click “connect”.
- Once successfully connected, please confirm the email address you’d like to receive real-time payment notifications at in Airwallex. You will be able to edit your email address in the web app by navigating to the “Account” tab, selecting “Account details”, then “Contact information” and updating the “Business email” field.
- [Optional] If you would like to pass on card processing fees to your payers, you can set a fixed surcharge rate to be added to all your Xero invoice payments. After you have established this connection, you can set a surcharge rate by navigating to the “Payments” tab, “Settings”, and clicking “Manage” in the “Surcharge rate” section.
Note: The surcharge feature is only available if your business entity is based in Australia, Hong Kong, or Singapore.