To gain a comprehensive understanding of the refund process on Shopify, please consult Shopify's official guide.
If you are still experiencing difficulty in initiating refunds despite following the provided guide, we believe that the following scenarios may be potential factors contributing to this issue and have suggested possible solutions below.
Scenario 1: You recently changed the account that your Airwallex app is connected to
Your orders were processed under your old Airwallex account, which is why they cannot be refunded when connected to your new account. The new orders made with your new Airwallex account will not be affected. Follow the steps below to resolve this.
- Please process the refund in your Airwallex Webapp and cancel the corresponding order in Shopify.
- Alternatively, you can reconnect your old account in Shopify to process the refunds, and then switch back to your new account once the process is completed.
Scenario 2: You have already uninstalled the Airwallex Cards app or the Airwallex Online Payments app
Your orders were processed under your old Airwallex account, which is why they cannot be refunded when the app is uninstalled. Follow the steps below to resolve this.
- Reinstall the Airwallex app that was originally used to process the orders and link it with the original Airwallex account.
- Upon completing the previous step, you should now be able to initiate the refund process through the Shopify admin page.
- Alternatively, you can also process the refund via your Airwallex Webapp and subsequently cancel the corresponding order within the Shopify admin.