For employees / cardholders
Account Admins can order a physical card for you, so please ask an Admin on your account to create a physical card for you.
To create a physical card for your employees or yourself, simply follow these steps:
Step 1. Click the 'Cards' section of your account, then 'Create a new card'
Step 2. Select 'Employee card'
We’re currently only offering physical cards for employee cards.
Step 3. Select an existing user from the list or click ‘Invite new user’. Once you’ve invited them, they’ll appear in your list for you to select. Click ‘Next’.
If you’re inviting a new user, you don’t need to wait for them to sign up, you can create a card for them straight away!
Step 4. Configure a nickname and set spending limits
You can provide a nickname for the employee card you’re creating. This nickname will only be displayed when cardholders log in to view their account on web or mobile. It will not be printed on the physical card or displayed in the cardholder’s digital wallet.
You can also configure spending limits and the currency that the limits are set in. Regardless of the limit currency, cardholders will still be able to spend on the card in any currency.
You will be able to set up the following types of limits: per transaction, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, and all time. If you do not set up a limit, a default transaction limit will apply for transactions made on the card.
Step 5. Choose a delivery address
To provide a delivery address, you will have up to 3 options.
- Let the employee provide their own delivery address. If you select this option, the employee will be notified to provide their delivery address first before the card is created and ordered
- Use the company address. This option only shows up if your company address in the account is valid
- Input a different address. If you select this option, you can input a different address from the company address for delivery
The only addresses we aren't able to accept at the moment are PO Boxes.
You also have the option not to create a physical card at all, and to just create a virtual card. Every physical card also comes with an attached virtual card.
Step 6. Review business name to be printed on the card (only required when creating a physical employee card for the first time in the account)
By default, all physical employee cards created will have your account’s business legal name printed on the back of the card. When creating the first physical employee card in your account, you will be prompted to review and, if needed, update the business name that will be printed on your account’s physical employee cards.
Only business names that fit the following criteria will be able to be printed:
> Has up to 25 characters
> Has standard English letters (A-Z, not case sensitive)
> Has numbers (0-9)
> Does not have symbols
You can also return to the Card Settings page to review and update this business name later if needed.
If your business legal name does not fit the criteria to be printed, no business name will be printed on your physical cards until you update the name. See below for a side by side image of cards with and without the business name.
Step 7. Review and click ‘Create card’
What happens next?
- 'Sign up to Airwallex' email. If they're a new user on your Airwallex account, they'll receive an email asking them to set up their Airwallex account and login details. They should do this first. The link in this invitation will expire after 24 hours, but you can reset it here.
- 'You have a new card' email. They'll also receive a second email notifying that you’ve created a card for them.
- Submit their ID. If it's their first card, they'll be required to submit their ID. They can do this by following the link in their email or logging into their Airwallex account. They'll then need to wait for our team to verify their ID, which they'll do it as quickly as possible.
- Use their virtual card. Once verified, they'll be able to login and start using their virtual card right away!
- We'll make and send their physical card. We'll do this as soon as they've submitted their ID and we've verified their account.
- Activate their physical card. Once they receive their physical card, they’ll be able to activate it and set their PIN. You can view more instructions on this here.
Note: When you activate your physical card, your virtual card expiry date and CVV will change. Prior to physical card activation, the virtual card will have had different expiry and CVV. This is to prevent any unauthorised use in the off-chance it's intercepted on it's way to you. Therefore, try to avoid adding your virtual card details to any recurring payments until AFTER you've activated your physical card.
If you run into any issues with this, our customer support team is always available to help.