This article explains key differences and use cases for the two types of cards offered by Airwallex - Company Cards and Employee Cards.
To guide your decision on which type of card is best for your use case, see below:
|Company cards are good for business purchases that are typically made online and on behalf of the entire company or specific teams and departments. This could include purchases such as software subscriptions, office supplies, supplier payments, and marketing expenses.
|Employee cards are great for individual employee purchases either made online or in person. This could include travel expenses like airfare or hotels and incidental purchases like coffee or snacks.
Digital Wallet: Google Pay and Apple Pay
Card admins can see all company cards and their card details and are auto-assigned as the card contact for the card.
Company cards can also be securely shared with a maximum of 3 contacts to view card details, receive 2FA notifications to make transactions.
Each employee card is assigned to one employee.
|Name on Card
|Airwallex Account Business Name
|Individual Employee Name
|N/A - not required for virtual cards
|Pin required - can be found in card details in the WebApp
|Apple Pay & Google Pay
|No - not compatible
|Yes - Compatible (Apple Pay, Google Pay)
|See here for your region’s pricing
Both company cards and employee cards have:
- Visa Debit Cards
- 0% international transaction fees
- Multi-currency cards that draw from your wallet balance for the transaction currency, if no balance this will be auto-converted from your home currency
- Flexible transaction, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and all time spend limits- Flexible daily, weekly, monthly and all time spend limits
- Card admins can edit, freeze or cancel cards at any point in time
- Able to use Expenses to track, upload receipts and code expenses directly to your chart of accounts straight from your card spend.