This article explains key differences and use cases for the two types of cards offered by Airwallex - Company Cards and Employee Cards.
To guide your decision on which type of card is best for your use case, see below:
|Features||Company Cards||Employee Cards|
Client meals or spend
Digital Wallet: Google and Apple pay
Card admins can see all Company cards and are auto-assigned as the owner.
Company Cards can also be securely shared with a maximum of 3 contacts to view card details, receive 2FA notifications to make transactions.
Each employee card is assigned to one employee.
Employees are able to view card details and transactions, freeze the card.
Card admins can view, manage limits, freeze or cancel all Employee Cards.
|Name on Card||Airwallex Account Business Name||Individual Employee Name|
|Pin Code||N/A - not required for virtual cards||Pin required - can be found in card details in the WebApp|
|Apple & Google Pay||No - not compatible||Yes - Compatible|
|Pricing||Free||See here for your region’s pricing|
Both company cards and employee cards have:
- Visa Debit Cards
- 0% international transaction fees
- Multi-currency cards that draw from your wallet balance for the transaction currency, if no balance this will be auto-converted from your home currency
- Flexible daily, weekly, monthly and all time spend limits
- Card admins can edit, freeze or cancel cards at any point in time
- Able to use Expenses to track, upload receipts and code expenses directly to your chart of accounts straight from your card spend.