Verifying your business in Hong Kong (China)

This article details documents that are required for organisations to open an account with Airwallex if your business is registered in Hong Kong.

Verification, known as KYC or ‘Know your customer’, is a process that is required by regulators to offer financial services to organisations and individuals. It involves reviewing and maintaining information on parties that use our financial services.

To set up a Limited Company account, please prepare the documents below:

To set up a Sole Proprietorship account, please prepare the documents below:

To set up a Partnership account, please prepare the documents below:

Please ensure the document is clear and readable. The file shall not exceed over 10MB, limited to {PDF、Word、JPG、JPEG、PNG、BMP}

Business Information

Business Registration 




Certificate of incorporation 




Partnership Disclosure & Declaration Form

Please provide a copy of your partnership agreement and make sure the agreement clearly indicates each partner's capital contribution to the partnership (in percentage).

Click here to download the PARTNERSHIP DISCLOSURE & DECLARATION FORM Template

Ownership Structure Chart

If the ownership structure of your business could NOT be fully identified through reliable source, please provide us with the most recent shareholder register or ownership diagram that meets the following requirements:

  • Indicate the full Legal Name and shareholding percentage of the Ultimate Beneficial Owner (any individuals holding with 25% or more ownership share or voting rights);
  • Provide the registration country and shareholding percentage of each intermediary shareholding entity;
  • If there are no individual Ultimate Beneficial Owner, then please declare in the shareholding structure and provide information of the key controller;
  • The document should be signed and dated by a director along with his/her printed name; the director's signature can be provided either in handwritten or electronic way (e.g. DocuSign; Adobe Sign);
  • The signed document should be issued within 12 months and could not be altered or edited.

Click here to download the example of Ochart


Live Streaming Questionnaire

Click here to download the Live Streaming Questionnaire

Online Marketplace Onboarding Questionnaire 

Click here to download the Online Marketplace Onboarding Questionnaire

Financial Institution Onboarding Questionnaire

If your company is Financial Institution, please follow the guidelines to input below Questionnaire:

Click here to download the Financial Institution Onboarding Questionnaire

Authorisation Letter

If you are not a director or Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) of the business registered in Hong Kong, we require that you provide a letter stating you have the authority to act on behalf of the company.

Note: The letter should be signed by a director of your company. 

Click here to download the Authorisation Letter Template

If you are a channel partner opening an account on behalf of your client, please use this Authorisation Letter Template instead.

Click here to download the Authorisation Letter Template for channel partners


Personal Information

Authorised Person

An Authorised Person is authorized to act on behalf of the business.

Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) 

The "Ultimate Beneficial Owner" of a legal entity is thus:

  • one who holds 25% or more of share capital; or
  • one who exercises 25% or more the voting rights.

Personal ID

Please provide images for the government-issued, official photo ID, such as Passport, National ID, or Driver's license (if applicable).

Note: Please keep the ID photo clear, with complete edges, no occlusion, no reflection, no watermark, etc. and, it is recommended to lay the document flat and shoot vertically in a well-lit place.

Some valid ID examples are provided below:

1) Passport - All Countries




Please note: If your Hong Kong Identity Card is a Non-Permanent one, please provide your passport instead.

3) Driver's License - e.g. Australian Driver Licence



Please note if UBO, or Authorised person is a Chinese citizen, only  Chinese Resident Identity Card is acceptable, and both front and back side needed.

Chinese Resident Identity Card sample: