How do I report fraud, or a lost or stolen card?

This article explains what you should do if you are an Airwallex customer that has been a victim of fraud, you suspect you have been defrauded by an Airwallex customer, lost your Airwallex card or had your Airwallex card stolen.

I may be the victim of fraud or a scam

If you’ve sent money using Airwallex, or if you’ve sent money to a Airwallex account, and think you’ve been scammed, this is what you should do:

  • If you’re an Airwallex customer, get in touch with us straight away. We might be able to stop the transfer before it goes through.

  • File a police report. If you’re the victim of fraud, a crime has been committed against you. You should report it to the police — Airwallex can supply them with information to help your case. 

If the money has already gone through, we can’t guarantee you’ll be able to get it back. But we’ll do everything we can to help. We’ll send you any money that comes back to us.

Airwallex can't get involved in disputes between senders and recipients, so please make sure you know and trust the person or business you're sending to before setting up the transfer.

If you've lost your card or it's been stolen

Freeze your card

Freeze or cancel your card to prevent any further transactions being made on it.

If you find your card when your card is frozen, you can unfreeze it anytime. However, if you are convinced that the card is lost, you'll need to cancel it. You can unfreeze or cancel your card in your account in the same place you froze it.

If you don't recognise a transaction on your card

Step 1. Freeze your card

Freeze or cancel your card to prevent any further transactions being made on it.

Step 2. Investigate the transactions

Once your card has been frozen, there are a few things you can do to check if the transactions were fraudulent:

  1. Ask your team - check if they were made by someone who may be authorised to use the card
  2. Research the business - find out if the business could be trading under a different name. You can check by Googling the name, doing an ABN search (for AUS) or a Companies house search (for UK)

If you find that the transactions were authorised, you can unfreeze your card easily in the same way you froze it. Simply click 'Unfreeze' instead.

Step 3. Raise a transaction dispute

If you can't figure out who made the transactions, the next step is to raise a dispute.

You can do this by filling in the form below, and our Risk team will get back to you within 1 working day.

Raise a transaction dispute

Request for a new card

After permanently cancelling your card, you can order a new card by following the steps here. Please make sure the delivery address mentioned is correct

How to get in touch with us:

If you need help with anything, please get in touch with our customer support team, select ‘Fraud, Lost or Stolen Card’, and fill in the necessary fields.

A member of our team will get back to you within one hour.