This feature is currently only available for selected customers with businesses registered in Australia and the United States. Customers with access can add funds via Direct Debit from bank accounts based in Australia and the United States. If you would like to request this feature and get early access for your account, let us know here.
This article aims to provide you with information regarding the settlement time for direct debit deposits into your Airwallex wallet. If you require a detailed guide on how to initiate a direct debit deposit, please refer to this guide.
How long does it take?
If you initiate a direct debit from your bank account to add funds to your wallet, it usually takes 2-4 business days for the funds to be accessible in your wallet balance. The exact duration may vary depending on the rules of the local direct debit scheme and the specified cutoff time.
Initiating an ACH direct debit in the United States
It usually takes 2-3 business days for Airwallex to confirm the fund settlement result from Automated Clearing House (ACH) before we can reflect the direct debit amount in your wallet. It could take up to 4 business days for the funds to arrive.
- If you requested the direct debit on a weekday before 9:30 AM CST, the earliest settlement time is 2 business days from the time of direct debit creation
- If you requested the direct debit on a weekday after 9:30 AM CST, the direct debit will be initiated on the next business day. The funds could reach your wallet as soon as 2 business days after that
- If you requested the direct debit on a weekend, the direct debit will be initiated on the following business day. The funds could reach your wallet as soon as 2 business days after that.
The below illustration shows the timeline in business days from the time (T) that an ACH direct debit is initiated from Airwallex WebApp.
Initiating a BECS direct debit in Australia
Direct debit top-ups typically take approximately 3 business days to be credited to your account after initiation from your Airwallex account.
The cut-off time for direct debits is 4:00pm AEST/AEDT. Therefore, any direct debits created after this time will be initiated on the following day. As a result, your direct debit will be cleared into your account at 4:00pm AEST/AEDT on the 3rd day. In summary:
- If requested on a business day before 4:00 pm AEST/AEDT - 2 business days
- If requested on a business day after 4:00 pm AEST/AEDT - 3 business days
- If requested on a non-business day - 3 business days
However, your AUD Global Account supports deposits via NPP, which are instant. Therefore, if you would like to add funds quickly, you may want to send deposits into your Airwallex AUD Global Account via NPP bank transfers.
We are in the process of speeding up the deposit times for direct debit top ups and we hope to have them depositing a lot quicker in the future than they currently are.